Early Childhood Teacher Bridging Program
ACECQA Approved: Yes
Centrelink/DHS Approved: No
Recognised Australia wide: Yes
ACECQA has determined that registered/accredited Primary Teachers can be recognised as an'equivalent Early Childhood Teacher' if they also complete a CHC50113 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care. This Early Childhood Teacher Bridging Program (ECTBP) has been developed by the Department of Education (DET) to assist with this requirement allowing registered Primary School Teachers to have as many of their skills and knowledge recognised as possible. Through the ECTBP, eligible students only complete training and assessment in areas that haven't been completed as part of their Primary Teacher qualification.
The recognition arrangements for this program is subject to ACECQA's approval and in no way is determined by ACCCO. To date...
- This recognition arrangement is in place for any person who completes the ECTBP by the end of 2019.
- All primary teachers enrolled in this program are 'taken to be an early childhood teacher' under the 'actively working towards' provision.
For all information regarding ACECQA's recognition, please see: http://www.acecqa.gov.au/Recognition-as-an-equivalent-early-childhood-teacher
Primary Teachers are eligible to enrol in the ECTBP if they hold all of the following:
- A Primary Teaching qualification that includes a focus on children aged 5 to 8 years old (for example, a qualification with a focus on children aged 3 to 8 or 5 to 12); and
- Teacher registration/accreditation in Australia
ACECQA will also use the above to determine eligibility as an equivalent Early Childhood Teacher.
Approach to learning and assessment
DET has recognised all existing skills and knowledge that a registered/accredited Primary Teacher holds in the ECTBP, and grants credits or partial credits for these as a part of entry into the program. This means there is no need for the ECTBP student to apply for further recognition or to prove their existing skills and knowledge. ECTBP students will only be trained and assessed in the areas that have NOT been covered in their primary teaching qualification for this program.
To complete this program...
- The student will complete 6 clusters of learning/assessment as outlined on the column right. Each cluster provides all the learning required, however students will also be required to access the internet for directed research and reading purposes. Assessment is outlined as per 'Assessment methods' in the column right.
- The student will complete the HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting at any time prior to graduating.
- ACCCO will award direct credit for units CHCPOL003, CHCPRP003, CHCINM002 and CHCECE001. HLTAID004 will also be credited upon completion.
Upon completion of the program, ACCCO will award a CHC50113 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care.
The ECTBP is only available via external (self paced) delivery using the ECTBP materials endorsed by the Department of Education.
Help and Support
All students in this qualification are allocated an ACCCO Trainer who will guide them through the qualification. Trainers are all qualified in early childhood education and have at least 5 years' experience completing the job you are wanting to hold.
Trainers offer regular phone, email and face to face support in the workplace so you always have help when you need it!
This qualification attracts funding assistance for eligible persons!!!
Much of the funding provided by the Australian Government is directed at teaching and learning in higher education through a range of initiatives. Currently funding is only available to Queensland residents.
Please click here or phone ACCCO on 1300 139 406, for fees applicable to you in your local area.
How to Apply
Once you have made the decision to apply for a qualification you will need to download an enrolment pack and complete a Literacy, Numeracy and Language Indicator (LLN).
You will need to attach the following documents with your application:
Colour copy of Passport or Driver’s Licence. (Proof of ID+ residency)
- QLD Drivers Licence front and back. - If passport provided please provide a copy of a bank statement or utility bill issued within the last 6 months showing your current residential address.
- Colour copy of either: current green Medicare care; Birth Certificate; current Australian passport; current New Zealand passport; or Australian citizenship certificate. (Proof of citizenship)
- Colour copy of your Primary Teaching qualification and Teacher registration/accreditation in Australia
- Colour copy of Certificates and Statement Results for any previously attained or partially completed qualifications completed in or recognised in Australia.
- Colour copy of any concession cards if held.
Before you submit your application it is important that you provide all the above required documents. Without these we are unable to process your application.
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively you can post or visit us.
For more information on how to apply please refer to our Enrolment Fact Sheet.