Training delivered at accco campus
Get a hands-on learning approach by interacting with your teachers, fellow students and practical materials.
We have some of the best training facilities and utilise a variety of learning techniques that will help you to learn more easily in a
fun, stimulating and interactive environment. All training is delivered in an adult learning environment so you’ll get to experience what
it’s like to study in a higher education setting.
- Enjoy small class sizes where you get to collaborate with your peers
- Our Trainers Assessors know you by name - and they want to see you succeed, just as much as you do!
- Stay motivated with more interaction through face-to-face learning
Teaching in a stimulating, interactive learning environment
Structured classroom learning
All classes are delivered by qualified, industry experienced Trainer Assessors who work closely with students to optimise their learning
experience. We simulate activities and tasks that are required to be performed within the workplace so that students gain confidence before
working in an early education centre or service.
Students attend class one day per week at the college, as well as attend an ACECQA approved service to receive practical training and
experience. Vocational placement hours are in addition to theory class attendance and are usually completed in shool holidays. A current
working with children check is required for work placement when you are 18 years of age.
What can I study with ACCCO?
Early childhood education and care
Early childhood education involves caring for and teaching children under the age of five to enhance their development.
Through the Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care, you will be introduced to working in the field of early childhood. It is
the minimum qualification to gain employment in ACECQA approved early childhood services and often the qualification studied for those
wanting to begin their career in early childhood education.
To participate in the VET program students must:
- have a sound achievement result in Year 10 Maths and English subjects or equivalent prior to enrolling in the program
- complete a language and literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Indicator
- identify the VET program as part of their school curriculum
- remain enrolled in and attend school throughout the duration of the program
ACCCO will charge the student as per the nominated fees below. Flexible payment plans are also available to help you pay for your
qualification. Please contact ACCCO to enquire.
||Number of Units
||Cost per student
|Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
How to apply
All school based VET programs involve a partnership between the School and ACCCO. Talk to your school VET Coordinator or head of senior
schooling about studying with ACCCO. Your school can form a partnership with ACCCO and make the program available to you at your school.
Industry sought graduates!
The 2017 National Centre for Vocational Education (NCVER) Student Outcomes Survey statistics show that ACCCO students have higher
employment outcomes than all other training providers across Australia! ACCCO graduates sit at 84.9% employment rate which is considerably
higher than the national average of 77.7% from all other Australian VET providers.
Why choose ACCCO for education and training?
With over 22 years’ experience, ACCCO has established strong relationships with schools and maintains
close links to industry enabling us to deliver in-demand skills and up-to-date and relevant training.
ACCCO is consistently receiving positive feedback from School VET Teachers. The recurring feedback from VET teachers was, they are enjoying
not having to develop all the learning and assessment materials under the new version of the training package including Sustainability,
Early Years Learning Framework and the National Work Health and Safety. ACCCO provides all VET classes with class presentations, template
unit workbooks and access to text books for each unit in PDF format.
Schools are also enjoying the relationships with the ACCCO Trainer Assessors and National VET Coordinator who maintains the consistency of
training, assessment and providing support.
The most positive feedback is out in the field with Early Childhood Services noticing an improvement in the quality of training by the
Schools who have moved over to ACCCO.
- Well-established industry recommended training college specialising in Education and Care Qualifications
- ACCCO is on the approved list of providers for each state and territory
- All training materials and resources are provided by ACCCO
- Professional development opportunities for teachers
- Nationally recognised qualifications
- A dedicated ACCCO Trainer Assessor for mentoring and support
- In-service training day for the school VET teacher
Onsite support visits from ACCCO
If you would like to partner with ACCCO or discuss your individual learning needs, please contact our National Vet Coordinator