Vocational Education and Training in Schools (VETiS)
About Vocational Education and Training in schools
ACCCO has been successfully partnering and delivering VET with schools since 2001 providing students in Years 11 and 12 with high quality
VET training in order to advance their career potential. ACCCO can prepare students for employment in early childhood services such as
child care, long day care, family day care, occasional care, playgroups and kindergartens from Educators to Managers and Teachers.
Vocational Education and Training (VET) is a learning pathway which enables Year 11 and 12 high school students to gain a nationally
recognised qualification while at school as part of their Senior Certificate of Education which may lead to employment and/or further study.
ACCCO's Vocational programs provide students with practical and real-world experiences to work within the Early Education and Care Sector
and provides students with the opportunity to gain:
- practical hands-on training
- valuable skills for greater employability
- eight (8) credit points towards their Senior Certificate of Education
- real industry skills and qualifications while completing high school
- a competitive edge in the employment marketplace
- credit towards further study
Structured workplace learning
Students can undertake VET as part of their school studies, delivered by a qualified school teacher / Trainer Assessor in partnership with
ACCCO. During the qualification, students learn the theory component in class with a qualified teacher, as well as attend an ACECQA
approved service to receive practical training and experience. Vocational placement hours are in addition to theory class attendance. A
current working with children check is required for work placement when you are 18 years of age.
Training and assessment requirements for schools
Schools are required to provide a qualified teacher/trainer, who holds a discipline related qualification, industry currency and the
Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
Contact us for information on training and delivery or if you would like a sample of our learning material.
What can I study with ACCCO?
CHC30113 Certificate III in
Early Childhood Education and Care
Through the Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care, you will be introduced to working in the field of early childhood. It is
the minimum qualification to gain employment in ACECQA approved early childhood services and often the qualification studied for those
wanting to begin their career in early childhood education. The Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care provides for
employment in the following roles:
- Assistant Educator in long day care
- Assistant Educator in child care centres
- Assistant Educator in a Kindergarten or preschool program
- Assistant Educator in occasional care
- Family Day Care Educator
- Nanny or babysitter
Other education based employers may accept this qualification, such as working as tutor, education support staff or as teacher aides.
CHC30213 Certificate III In Education Support
The Certificate III in Education Support is an ideal qualification for people seeking employment in education roles which provides
assistance and support to qualified Educators and Teachers. It is a versatile qualification leading the graduate to work in a range of
diverse education environments including schools, kindergartens, preschools, early childhood, school age care or other education environment
in entry level positions. The Certificate III in Education Support provides for employment in the following roles:
- Teacher Aide in schools, preschools/kindergartens
- Education Support staff
- Education Assistant (special needs, language/literacy, cultural support)
- Early Childhood Assistant Educator (long day care, family day care)
- School Age Care Assistant Educator (vacation care, OSHC, Kindergarten)
- Home tutor
To participate in the VET program students must:
- have a sound achievement result in Year 10 Maths and English subjects or equivalent prior to enrolling in the program
- complete a language and literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Indicator
- be in year 11 or 12
- identify the VET program as part of their school curriculum
- remain enrolled in and attend school throughout the duration of the program
Cost to the student
ACCCO provides all the training resources for this program and a partnership agreement is formed between ACCCO and the school. ACCCO will
charge the student for the enrolment application and training product as per the nominated fee schedules as outlined below;
||Number of Units
|Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
|Certificate III in Education Support
*Please note: Fees can be paid over two years ($300 per year).
HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting is
not included in the total cost indicated above.
Industry sought graduates!
The 2017 National Centre for Vocational Education (NCVER) Student Outcomes Survey statistics show that ACCCO students have higher
employment outcomes than all other training providers across Australia! ACCCO graduates sit at 84.9% employment rate which is considerably
higher than the national average of 77.7% from all other Australian VET providers.
How to apply
All school based VET programs involve a partnership between the School and ACCCO. Talk to your guidance officer, career counsellor, VET
coordinator or head of senior schooling about forming a partnership with ACCCO and making the program available to you at your school.
Why choose ACCCO for education and training?
With over 22 years’ experience, ACCCO has established strong relationships with schools and maintains
close links to industry enabling us to deliver in-demand skills and up-to-date and relevant training.
ACCCO is consistently receiving positive feedback from School VET Teachers. The recurring feedback from VET teachers was, they are enjoying
not having to develop all the learning and assessment materials under the new version of the training package including Sustainability,
Early Years Learning Framework and the National Work Health and Safety. ACCCO provides all VET classes with class presentations, template
unit workbooks and access to text books for each unit in PDF format.
Schools are also enjoying the relationships with the ACCCO Trainer Assessors and National VET Coordinator who maintains the consistency of
training, assessment and providing support.
The most positive feedback is out in the field with Early Childhood Services noticing an improvement in the quality of training by the
Schools who have moved over to ACCCO.
- Well-established industry recommended training college specialising in Education and Care Qualifications
- ACCCO is on the approved list of providers for each state and territory
- All training materials and resources are provided by ACCCO
- Professional development opportunities for teachers
- Nationally recognised qualifications
- A dedicated ACCCO Trainer Assessor for mentoring and support
- In-service training day for the school VET teacher
Onsite support visits from ACCCO
If you would like to partner with ACCCO or discuss your individual learning needs, please contact our National Vet Coordinator