Skills For All Training Guarantee For Sace Students Tgss With Accco
Australian Child Care Career Options (ACCCO) Pty.Ltd is a Skills for All training provider.
Information for students and families
Qualification and fees available only under TGSS for eligible SFA students
Available only for school based apprenticeships/traineeships and TGSS (school based) students
The Training Guarantee for SACE Students is designed for students who know that want to start a planned career pathway, they receive vocational education and training (VET) while at school and continue it after they leave school.
When a student completes SACE (or equivalent) and leaves school, the same training provider that they have studied their vocational course with, guarantees the student a training place to enable them to finish their pathway.
Prior to commencing any training under TGSS, students must receive approval from both their school and a parent or guardian.
Eligibility criteria for TGSS:
Eligibility criteria applies for courses under Skills for All and TGSS. To be eligible to participate in the TGSS, students must first satisfy the Skills for All student eligibility criteria. At the time of enrolment, you either reside or work in South Australia, and are:
An eligible student is an individual who, at the time of enrolment in Skills for All funded training meets all of the following eligibility criteria:
- the individual either lives or works in South Australia, and is:
- an Australian or New Zealand citizen;
- a permanent Australian resident; or
- the holder of a state sponsored visa on a pathway to permanent residency (visa types below)
To be eligible for Training Guarantee, you must be:
- Aged 16 years or over, and
- Enrolled in SACE at school and
- Already doing (or have completed) VET in an approved Certificate III qualification or work placement that is related to your pathway (an apprentice or trainee).
- Further eligibility details are outlined in the Education and Training Plan - Form A
Some conditions do apply. The State Government Training Guarantee will guarantee you a funded place at ACCCO SA when you leave school if:
- you successfully complete the SACE, including at least 30 SACE credits of nationally accredited VET in certain qualifications and at least 140 hours of relevant work placement in an identified, approved qualification
- after you finish school, you intend to complete the Certificate III (or higher) at ACCCO that you commenced as part of your SACE
- you don't intend to take a break or 'gap year' after finishing school.
Start a Training Guarantee
- Speak to your school’s career counsellor or VET coordinator to make sure you meet all the eligibility criteria and then work out the details.
- You, your school and the ACCCO SA will draw up a formal Education and Training Plan. (Your parent/guardian will also need to agree to this.)
If you are a School Based Apprentice, you don't need to do anything - your training will continue to be funded after you leave school in the qualification shown on the Training Contract you signed.
Where your VET studies post school are in a trade qualification, you will need to find an employer to take you as an apprentice before you can start at ACCCO SA (if you can't get an apprenticeship, you may have to do an alternative qualification).
Steps to enrolment:
If you believe you are eligible for SFA funding and would like to apply, please complete the application forms below and send them to ACCCO. Please note: Eligibility is not guaranteed and will be assessed at the time of application. If you do not meet the criteria, ACCCO will contact you.
If you are Under 18 at the time of enrolment you will need to complete the Skills for All Student Agreement form, signed by a parent or guardian and return it to ACCCO
Please obtain JP certified copies of the following and include it with your application
- Proof of an Australian, New Zealand Citizen or PR Australian residence. Eg, copy Citizenship or Passport or Birth Certificate
- Proof ID: Drivers license or a Medicare card or School ID card
- Copy of concession card if applicable (Centrelink issued Health Care Card, Pensioner Concession Card or a Veteran Affairs Card)
Eligible Visa types
The following State sponsored visa holders on a pathway to permanent residency are eligible:
- Skilled – Regional Sponsored (provisional) Visa, subclass 475 and subclass 495
- Skilled – Regional Sponsored (provisional) Visa, subclass 487
- Skilled Nominated (provisional) Visa, subclass 489
- State/Territory Sponsored Business Owner (provisional) Visa, subclass 163
- State/Territory Sponsored Senior Executive (provisional) Visa, subclass 164
- State/Territory Sponsored Investor (provisional) Visa, subclass 165
- Business Innovation and Investment (provisional) Visa, subclass 188
If you are unsure whether your visa category is permanent or temporary you can type your visa subclass number into the site search area of the Immigration website and find out. Visit: www.immi.gov.au
Talk to your school's career counsellor or VET coordinator now.
For further information on TGSS please visit www.skills.sa.gov.au/training-learning/training-for-school-students/training-guarantee-for-sace-students/ To access the eligibility calculator please click here: www.skills.sa.gov.au/training-learning/check-your-eligibility/
For more information visit www.skills.sa.gov.au