WorkReady is a South Australian government initiative that brings together funding for training, employment and skills activities. If you meet certain eligibility criteria, the South Australian Government is giving you the opportunity to access subsidised training.
What is WorkReady?
WorkReady is a South Australian government initiative that brings together funding for training, employment and skills activities. WorkReady is about targeting training and employment opportunities to the needs of people, strategic industries and regions.
Individuals need to meet course entry requirements and verify their eligibility for enrolment before being enrolled in a government subsidised training place.
ACCCO is an approved training provider offering Early Childhood Education and Care funded courses. Please see further information on the WorkReady website here.
What can I study with ACCCO?
To be eligible to undertake training under Qualification Quotas WORKREADY program, prospective students must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- aged 16 years or over and not enrolled at school, or
- reside or work in South Australia, and
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or
- a permanent Australian resident, or
- the holder of a an eligible visa
- Successfully complete the Upfront Assessment (required level)
Check your eligibility here.
Cost to the Participant
Although the training is subsidised heavily by the SA Government, students must make a contribution called a ‘Student Fee’ toward the training. Places are strictly limited. The following Student Fees will apply from 03/01/17 to 30/06/17 or until places run out. Once funding has run out the fees will be calculated at the Fee For Service Rate.
||Number of Units
|Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
|Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
Am I eligible for Concession?
Students who hold any of the following concession cards at the time of their enrolment may be eligible to for a concession course fee rather than the standard full course fee:
- hold a health care card
- hold a pensioner concession card
- hold a pensioner concession card issued by the Department of Veteran Affairs
- are a prison inmate, a detainee, on remand, held in a South Australian institution in connection with the commission of an offence, or a child in a South Australian detention centre older than 16 years.
* Note: Student must provide a copy of the concession card during our pre-induction process for the concession rates to be applied and ensure that it is valid for the full enrolment period.
How to Apply
All students intending to use WorkReady funding will be required to demonstrate satisfactory language, literacy and numeracy skills (LLN) prior to enrolment.
Once you have made the decision to apply for a qualification you will need to contact our SA office to arrange a time to complete this upfront LLN assessment along with your enrolment.
(08) 8284 1794
28B Anderson Walk,
Smithfield, SA 5114
Download a WorkReady flyer here.
For more information on how to apply please refer to our Enrolment Fact Sheet.