Training Guarantee For Sace Students
The Training Guarantee for SACE Students (TGSS) is for students who know they want to start a planned vocational pathway. They receive vocational education and training (VET) while they’re at school and continue it after they leave.
What is TGSS?
The Training Guarantee for SACE students enables you to start training for your Certificate III pathway at school. You’ll earn credits towards your VET qualification and SACE (or equivalent), and complete work placement for on the job training.
Through TGSS, the South Australian Government offers subsidised training with a Training Provider for selected SACE students who are 16 years of age or older.
The student must be doing:
- a large amount of VET delivered by a training provider
- a TGSS approved course on the Funded Training List / Subsidised Training List.
The Training Provider must:
- guarantee the student a place to finish the VET qualification (which must be listed as a TGSS approved course on the Funded Training List / Subsidised Training List
- take the student in the year after the student completes SACE (or equivalent)
- make sure the course is included on their Training Provider Schedule of Courses.
What can I study with ACCCO?
To be eligible to undertake training under TGSS program:
- 16 years or over, and
- enrolled in SACE (or equivalent) at school and already completing, or have completed, VET or work placement that is related to your pathway.
You are guaranteed a funded place at a Training Provider when you leave school if you:
- complete the SACE (or equivalent), including at least 210 nominal hours of nationally accredited VET plus 140 hours of relevant work placement, and
- plan to complete a Certificate III (or higher) at a Training Provider, and
- do not plan to take a break or ‘gap year’ after finishing school.
Read more about the WorkReady offer for school enrolled students.
TGSS is not available to students who are employed under a training contract as part of a school-based apprenticeship or traineeship.
Cost to the Participant
Course fees for TGSS Approved Certificate II qualifications are fully subsidised. You’ll pay some course fees towards Certificate III qualifications and pay incidental fees for personal items such as tools, clothing or other training materials.
||Number of Units
|Certificate II in Community Services
|Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
Am I eligible for Concession?
Fee Concessions and Fee Exemptions: Students who hold any of the following concession cards at the time of their enrolment may be eligible to for a concession course fee rather than the standard full course fee: hold a health care card or hold a pensioner concession card
*Note: Student must provide a copy of the concession card during our pre-induction process for the concession rates to be applied and ensure that it is valid for the full enrolment period.
Additional Costs: POLICE CHECK (For all forms of screening conducted for volunteers and students on placement)
How to Apply
*Note: School-based apprentices/trainees, TGSS and ICAN students are not required to undertake Reading, Writing and Numeracy skills indicators with ACCCO, as this forms part of the schools’ obligations.
Once you have made the decision to apply for a qualification you will need to contact our SA office to arrange a time to complete your enrolment.
(08) 8284 1794
28B Anderson Walk,
Smithfield, SA 5114
Download a TGSS flyer here.
For more information on how to apply please refer to our Enrolment Fact Sheet.