CHC40113 CertifIcate IV in School Age Education and Care
ACECQA Approved: Yes
Recognised Australia wide: Yes
Centrelink/DHS Approved: Yes
Funding available: Yes, subject to eligibility
The Certificate IV in School Age Education and Care introduces students to the role of working in the field of school age care. It is one of the minimum qualifications for gaining employment in an ACECQA approved school age care service and often the first qualification for those wanting to move to higher qualifications in school age care in the future.
This qualification supports employment in the following roles:
- Assistant Educator in before and after school care programs
- Assistant Educator in vacation care or school holiday programs
- Support roles in leisure/youth programs including recreation Assistant
- Other education based employers may accept this qualification, such as tutors, support workers or teacher aides.
- A sound ability to read, write and speak English
- A basic ability to apply numeracy
- A current Working with Children Check
Through the Certificate IV, you will learn the basics of working with school age children and supporting their development. There are 19 units of study in this qualification covering topics such as:
- Supporting child interaction, behaviour and care
- Assisting with child health and safety
- Supporting child development and learning
- Following legal and ethical frameworks
A full list of units and assessment methods is found on the column to the right.
Study options and durationsACCCO offers a variety of delivery options that allows students to complete the qualification in a mode/s that suit individual learning requirements:
- Classroom: Full time (25 weeks) or part time (up to 50 weeks) at various locations across Australia. Please contact ACCCO to enquire about timetables and availability
- External Study: Self paced full time or part time, at a place convenient to you
- Traineeships: Full time or part time on contract in the workplace
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL): Self paced full time or part time
help and Support
All students in this qualification are allocated an ACCCO Trainer who will guide them through the qualification. Trainers are all qualified in education and have at least 5 years' experience.
Trainers offer regular phone, email and face to face support in the workplace so you always have help when you need it!
GREAT NEWS!!! This qualification attracts funding assistance for eligible persons!!!
This may include Apprenticeships, Traineeships, Centrelink/DHS payments and Government funding contracts (depending on your state/territory eligibility), with most funding options having very little cost to you as the student!!
Fees for students NOT eligible for any funding assistance:
- Enrolment fee: $300 including your first unit
- External study: $160 per unit (pay as you are ready to learn)
- Classroom study: Please contact ACCCO to enquire about cost, timetables and availability
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL): $150 per unit
- Credit Transfer: Free
- International Students: Click Here