To ensure your academic success through ACCCO, there is a minimum level of academic and English language proficiency you need to achieve before enrolling in our courses. In addition to these requirements, there are also a number of conditions you must meet in order to be able to apply for a Student Visa.
Australian equivalent qualification
The entry requirement for a Certificate III or Diploma level course with ACCCO is an Australian Year 12 qualification or equivalent. This is a prerequisite for all ACCCO courses.
Course entry requirements
Australian Child Care Career Options uses a range of selection criteria in our selection of students for entry into courses, but in general the potential student must:
- Have a strong commitment to studying in Australia
- Must be 18 years of age or over
- Have the required English Language skills of IELTS 5.5 (or equivalent with no bands lower than 5.0) or a Certificate of Completion from an English College Pathway Partner. Students who are a citizen and hold a passport from one of the countries on the exempt countries list do not require an IELTS score of 5.5 and are only required to complete an ACCCO Language, Literacy and Numeracy assessment.
- Successful completion of year 12 or equivalent is a prerequisite for all ACCCO courses
- Hold an appropriate Visa Type for course (please see requirements for individual courses)
- Be able to meet the financial cost of the qualifications and living expenses