Teacher Bridging Program
What is the Early Childhood Teacher Bridging Program?
ACECQA has determined that registered/accredited Primary Teachers can be recognised as an 'equivalent Early Childhood Teacher' if they also complete a CHC50113 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care. This Early Childhood Teacher Bridging Program (ECTBP) has been developed by the Department of Education (DET) to assist with this requirement allowing registered Primary School Teachers to have as many of their skills and knowledge recognised as possible. Through the ECTBP, eligible students only complete training and assessment in areas that haven't been completed as part of their Primary Teacher qualification.
ACCCO is a pre-qualified supplier approved by the Queensland Government to deliver publicly funded training and assessment. Please read the Department of Education and Training Student Fact sheet here.
What can I study with ACCCO?
Primary Teachers are eligible to enrol in the ECTBP if they hold all of the following:
- A Primary Teaching qualification that includes a focus on children aged 5 to 8 years old (for example, a qualification with a focus on children aged 3 to 8 or 5 to 12); and
- Teacher registration/accreditation in Australia
ACECQA will also use the above to determine eligibility as an equivalent Early Childhood Teacher.
For all information regarding ACECQA's recognition, please see: http://www.acecqa.gov.au/Recognition-as-an-equivalent-early-childhood-teacher
Cost to the Participant
If a person is eligible for funding under the Teacher Bridging Program, the Queensland Government will subsidise the costs of their accredited training, although a student contribution fee will be required.
||Number of Units
||Number of Clusters||
|Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
- Course fees include all resources and materials.
- Students who do not meet the eligibility criteria for ECTBP Funding, fees will be calculated at the Fee-For-Service rates > Click Here <
Am I eligible for Concession?
The following students are entitled to the concession rate on course fees:
- the student holds a Health Care or Pensioner Concession Card issued under Commonwealth law, or is the partner or a dependant of a person who holds a Health Care or Pensioner Concession Card and is named on the card
- the student is an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander
- the student has a disability
- the student is an adult prisoner.
Please note: Proof of eligibility for concession must be demonstrated prior to the commencement of training. If the concession is valid for the full enrolment period, then all eligible units commenced within that period attract the concession rate. If the concession is valid for part of the enrolment period, then only eligible units commenced prior to the expiry of the concession attract the concession rate.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
RPL is an assessment only process for experienced workers who are seeking formal recognition of their existing skills and knowledge. Read more
Credit transfer (sometimes known as advanced standing) is awarded when a student has completed the units required for a qualification at another Registered Training Organisation. This may reduce the amount of time it will take you to gain a qualification, and reduce the overall cost. ACCCO provides credit transfer free of charge. Read more
How to Apply
Once you have made the decision to apply for a qualification you will need to download an enrolment pack and complete a Literacy, Numeracy and Language Indicator (LLN). Please submit your application to email@example.com. Alternatively you can post or visit us.
You will need to attach the following documents with your application:
Colour copy of Passport or Driver’s Licence. (Proof of ID+ residency)
- QLD Drivers Licence front and back. - If passport provided please provide a copy of a bank statement or utility bill issued within the last 6 months showing your current residential address.
- Colour copy of either: current green Medicare care; Birth Certificate; current Australian passport; current New Zealand passport; or Australian citizenship certificate. (Proof of citizenship)
- Colour copy of your Primary Teaching qualification and Teacher registration/accreditation in Australia
- Colour copy of Certificates and Statement Results for any previously attained or partially completed qualifications completed in or recognised in Australia.
- Colour copy of any concession cards if held.
Before you submit your application it is important that you provide all the above required documents. Without these we are unable to process your application.