Certificate 3 Guarantee Boost (Back To Work Program)
You may be eligible for the Queensland Government’s Certificate 3 Guarantee Boost, assisting unemployed jobseekers or those at risk of unemployment to link with training opportunities to help with finding a job or stay in employment.
What is the Certificate 3 Guarantee Boost?
The Certificate 3 Guarantee Boost provides eligible jobseekers with funding for training to help secure local jobs. Training may include ‘second chance’ training for jobseekers or workers who already have a Certificate 3 (or higher) level qualification but need new or updated skills to gain, change or retain employment.
Back to Work Jobseeker Officers will work with jobseekers or those at risk of losing their jobs to:
- Provide career advice that helps jobseekers find a job that suits them
- Find training that is linked to real jobs in the region
- Help jobseekers determine their individual skills as well as services and supports that may be of assistance
- Provide independent advice on career and training opportunities and
- Help jobseekers understand their training options and link them with training connected with jobs in the region.
For more information go to www.qld.gov.au/backtowork
To be eligible, jobseekers must:
- Live in Queensland
- Participate in training aligned to local employment opportunities and
- must not be eligible for subsidised training under the Certificate 3 Guarantee
Participants must also meet one of the following criteria:
- Be unemployed and need new skills to obtain a job or
- Be at risk of losing their job and require reskilling to move to alternative employment opportunities or
- Be working, but looking to increase hours of work or shift from part-time to full-time employment.
For further information please refer to the Department of Education and Training website:
What can I study with ACCCO?
If a person is eligible for funding under the Certificate 3 Guarantee Boost program, the Queensland Government will subsidise the costs of their accredited training, although a student contribution fee will be required.
The qualification must be listed on the Priority Skills List.
CHC22015 Certificate II in Community Services
CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
CHC30213 Certificate III in Education Support
CHC40213 Certificate IV in Education Support
CHC50113 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
CHC50213 Diploma of School Age Education and Care
Cost to the Participant
If a person is eligible for funding under the Certificate 3 Guarantee Boost, the Queensland Government will subsidise the costs of their
accredited training, although a student contribution fee will be required.
||Number of Units
|CHC22015 Certificate II in Community Services||9||388||$135|
|CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
|CHC30213 Certificate III In Education Support
|CHC40213 Certificate IV in Education Support||17||763||$255|
|CHC50113 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care||28||2088||$630|
|CHC50213 Diploma of School Age Education and Care||25||1783||$500|
- Course fees include all resources and materials.
- Pricing is the same for both classroom delivery and external study. Class timetables subject to numbers.
Credit transfer (sometimes known as advanced standing) is awarded when a student has completed the units required for a qualification at another Registered Training Organisation. This may reduce the amount of time it will take you to gain a qualification, and reduce the overall cost. ACCCO provides credit transfer free of charge. Read more
An upfront payment is required followed by your choice of fortnightly or monthly payments. We have the following payment schemes available to help you pay your student contribution fee:
No payment plans available for qualifications less than $200.00 (full upfront payment is required)
|Upfront Payment Amount||Fortnightly Payment Amount|
|$255.00||$30.00||$25.00 x 9 payments|
|$270.00||$60.00||$30.00 x 8 payments|
|$500.00||$50.00||$30.00 x 15 payments|
|$630.00||$45.00||$45.00 x 13 payments|
|Upfront Payment||Monthly Payment|
|$255.00||$30.00||$37.50 x 7 payments|
|$270.00||$60.00||$70.00 x 4 payments|
|$500.00||$50.00||$50.00 x 9 payments|
|$630.00||$45.00||$65.00 x 9 payments|
Final payment may vary depending on your chosen payment method and if you have any credit transfers. Please contact our enrolments team on 1300 139 406 to discuss payment options applicable to you.
How to Apply
Back to Work Jobseeker Officers will assess a jobseeker's existing qualifications, potential training needs and refer individuals to a subsidised training opportunity. If the Certificate 3 Guarantee Boost is not the right opportunity then other options can be explored.
Please complete the online application form. Your local Jobseeker Officer or Youth Jobseeker Officer will be in touch after the application has been received.
Back to Work Jobseeker Officers
Back to Work’s Jobseeker Officers support unemployed jobseekers or employees that are at risk of unemployment to identify and connect with training and skills development. Jobseeker Officers can undertake Career and Training Assessments which assess an individual’s eligibility for subsidised training and recommend a training pathway including the Certificate 3 Guarantee Boost.
Back to Work Jobseeker Officers work with jobseekers or those at risk of losing their jobs to:
- Get career advice that helps them to find a job that suits them
- Find training that is linked to real jobs in the region
- Help jobseekers to determine their individual skills, as well as services and support that may be of assistance
- Provide independent advice on career and training opportunities
To contact your local Jobseeker Officer for further information about the Back to Work program: