User Choice Apprenticeships And Traineeships Funding
What is User Choice Apprenticeships & Traineeships funding?
The funding provided for Australian Apprenticeships is known as User Choice. User Choice is a national funding policy for Australian Apprenticeships promoting choice in training services provided to Employers and Australian Apprentices. The program aims to provide funding aligned to the skill needs of industry and respond to changing government priorities.
A key feature of Australian Apprenticeships is more flexibility for the users (employers and Australian Apprentices) of the training system. User Choice is a model for achieving client responsive training which means that businesses and Australian Apprentices can select their own registered training organisation (RTO) and negotiate how, where and when the training and assessment is to occur.
ACCCO is a pre-qualified supplier approved by the ACT Government to provide training for User Choice
Please see further information on the Skilled Capital website here.
Employers taking on an Apprentice or Trainee
For employers, Australian Apprentices can bring new and valuable resources and skills into a business.Traineeships allow you to develop qualified loyal staff that are familiar with your company, your work environment, your standards, your equipment and your customers. There are plenty of benefits to employers that include the following:
- Qualified employees trained your way for your business
- Government funding assistance for the training of eligible apprentices and trainees
- Financial benefits for you including Commonwealth Government incentives
- Greater customer satisfaction through
- Greater customer satisfaction through well trained staff
What can I study with ACCCO?
ACT subsidises qualifications for both new worker trainees or existing worker trainees. To be eligible for an ACT training contract the trainee must:
- be at least 15 years of age; and
- work in the ACT and
- Australian citizen,
- Permanent resident,
- New Zealand passport holder who has been a resident in Australia for more than 6 months,
- A person who hold a visa that is identified as being eligible (Table D), and
- Receive remuneration for their work, and
- Fulfil a minimum of 15 hours combined work and training per week; and
- Undertake an approved Australian Apprenticeships qualification with an approved RTO (like the ACCCO), as specified on the ACT Qualifications Register; and
- Have the required supervision in the workplace for an Australian Apprentice.
- Not be a casual employee or self-employed (sub-contractor).
An Australian school based apprentice (ASBA) must:
- Be enrolled in a school under the relevant Education Act
- Have the ASBA qualification recognised on their school Certificate
- Combine part-time work with an employer and structured industry-approved training whilst attending school
- Continue employment and on/off-the-job training throughout the year including school holidays
- Complete a minimum of 11 hours per week towards their Australian Apprenticeship if undertaking a certificate II qualification, this includes 8 hours of work and 3 hours per week of structured training
- Complete a minimum of 15 hours per week towards their Australian Apprenticeship if undertaking a certificate III qualification, this includes 12 hours of work and 3 hours per week of structured training
- Participate in a maximum of 20 hours (combined work and training) towards their Australian Apprenticeship per week.
Cost to the Participant
If a person is eligible for funding under User Choice, the ACT Government will subsidise the costs of their accredited training, although a student contribution fee will be required. The following student contribution fees will apply from the 15/02/18 to 1/08/18.
||Number of Units
|Certificate II in Community Services
|Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
|Certificate III in Education Support
|Certificate IV in Education Support
|Certificate IV in School Age Education and Care
|Diploma of School Age Education and Care
|Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
|Advanced Diploma of Community Sector Management
- Course fees include all resources and materials.
- Government funding is NOT available for Existing Workers wishing to complete CHC30213 Certificate III in Education Support qualification.
- Students who do not meet the eligibility criteria for User Choice Funding, fees will be calculated at the Fee-For-Service rates > Click Here <
Am I eligible for Concession?
RTO’s may offer a fee concession to eligible students in certain circumstances.
A student is eligible for a fee concession if, at the commencement of training they:
- hold a current Health Care Card or Pension Card, or
- can prove genuine hardship
Where the student is under 18 years of age this rule will apply if the parent/guardian holds one of the above cards.
If a student wishes to claim a fee waiver due to genuine financial hardship, they need to advise ACCCO at the time enrolment. Student will
be given a fee waiver form to fill out and will be required to provide a form of evidence confirming the hardship. Financial
hardship claim form.
Australian Apprentices may be exempt from paying fees in the following circumstances:
- the employer is the RTO for its own Australian Apprentice, or
- the Australian Apprentice leaves one employer and recommences within 12 months with another employer, in the same qualification and with the same RTO, or
- the Australian Apprentice is required to go to a different RTO as a result of a change of RTO process, or
- the student is an ASBA and the school is the RTO.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)
RPL is an assessment only process for experienced workers who are seeking formal recognition of their existing skills and knowledge. Read more
Credit transfer (sometimes known as advanced standing) is awarded when a student has completed the units required for a qualification at another Registered Training Organisation. This may reduce the amount of time it will take you to gain a qualification, and reduce the overall cost. ACCCO provides credit transfer free of charge. Read more
We have the following payment schemes available to help you pay for your qualification:
- Less than $200: no payment plans available (full upfront payment is required)
- $200 to $600: $50/month
Please contact our enrolments team on 1300 139 406 to discuss payment options applicable to you.
Completion Payment for ACT User Choice
Students who successfully complete their qualification may be eligible for a completion payment. A completion payment will be paid directly to the student upon completion of the qualification and a survey.
The completion payment is $300 for each qualification.
Students may be eligible to receive the completion payment for up to one (1) year after the date deemed competent, provided up to date email and bank account details are confirmed.
A student is not eligible for a completion payment where more than 50% of the units are completed through RPL and/or credit transfer (refer Completion Arrangements).
How to Apply
Once you have made the decision to apply for a qualification you will need to download a Trainee/Apprentice Sign Up Request Form and complete a Literacy, Numeracy and Language Indicator (LLN).
Please submit your application to email@example.com Alternatively you can post or visit us.
You will need to attach the following documents with your
Colour copy of Passport or Driver’s Licence. (Proof of ID+ residency)
- If passport provided please provide a copy of a bank statement or utility bill issued within the last 6 months showing your current residential address.
- Colour copy of either: current green Medicare care; Birth Certificate; current Australian passport; current New Zealand passport; or Australian citizenship certificate. (Proof of citizenship)
- Colour copy of Certificates and Statement Results for any previously attained or partially completed qualifications completed in or recognised in Australia.
- Colour copy of any concession cards if held.
Before you submit your application it is important that you provide all the above required documents. Without these we are unable to process your application.