Vocational Education and Training in Schools (VETiS)
ACCCO has been successfully partnering and delivering VET with schools since 2001.
Vocational Education and Training (VET) is a learning pathway available to Year 11 and 12 high school students. VET provides students with the opportunity to engage in education and training as part of their Senior Secondary Certificate which may lead to employment and/or further study.
Successful completion of ACCCO's Vocational programs are designed to provide students with a nationally recognised qualification that will prepare them with the skills and knowledge required to work in the Early Education and Care Sector.
VET provides students with the opportunity to gain:
- practical hands-on training
- valuable skills for greater employability
- credit towards their Senior Certificate of Education
- real industry skills and qualifications while completing high school
- a competitive edge in the employment marketplace
- credit towards further study
What can I study with ACCCO?
Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
Through the Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care, you will be introduced to working in the field of early childhood. It is the minimum qualification to gain employment in ACECQA approved early childhood services and often the qualification studied for those wanting to begin their career in early childhood education.
To participate in the VET program students must:
- have a sound achievement result in Year 10 Maths and English subjects or equivalent prior to enrolling in the program
- complete a language and literacy and Numeracy (LLN) Indicator
- be in year 11 or 12
- identify the VET program as part of their school curriculum
- remain enrolled in and attend school throughout the duration of the program
How does it work?
Students can undertake VET as part of their school studies, delivered by a qualified school teacher / Trainer Assessor in partnership with ACCCO. During the qualification, students learn the theory component in class with a qualified teacher, as well as attend an ACECQA approved service to receive practical training and experience. Vocational placement hours are in addition to theory class attendance.
Cost to the Participant
ACCCO provides all the training resources for this program and a partnership agreement is formed between ACCCO and the school. Student fees can vary between State / Territories and are paid directly to the school. Please contact ACCCO for further information.
How to Apply
All school based VET programs involve a partnership between the School and ACCCO, so that students can achieve a VET qualification that is delivered at school as part of their Senior course selection. Talk to your guidance officer, career counsellor, vocational education coordinator or head of senior schooling about the programs available to you at your school.
BENEFITS FOR SCHOOLS PARTNERING WITH ACCCO
With over 22 years’ experience, ACCCO has established strong relationships with schools and maintains close links to industry enabling us to deliver in-demand skills and up-to-date and relevant training. ACCCO is consistently receiving positive feedback from School VET Teachers. The recurrent feedback from teachers were enjoying includes not having to develop all the learning and assessment materials and being able to access current resources including sustainability, National Quality Framework, Early Years Learning Framework and Work Health and Safety.
The most positive feedback is out in the field with Early Childhood Services noticing an improvement in the quality of training by the Schools who have moved over to ACCCO. For the 2018 school year, ACCCO has been approached by a number of High Schools and by Early Education Services wanting us to deliver or partner with schools to provide training for Early Childhood Education and Care because of our high quality of training and support.
- Well-established industry recommended training college specialising in Early Education and Care
- ACCCO is on the approved list of providers for each state and territory.
- Provides up to date learning and assessment materials
- A dedicated ACCCO Trainer Assessor for mentoring and support
- We provide all reporting to the Government
- In-service training day for the school VET teacher
If you would like to discuss a partnership with ACCCO or your individual learning needs, please contact our School VET Coordinator on 1300 139 406 between 8.00am - 5.00pm (EST) or email email@example.com