CHC62015 Advanced Diploma of COmmunity Sector Management
ACECQA Approved: No
Recognised Australia wide: Yes
Centrelink/DHS approved: Yes
Funding available: Yes, subject to eligiblity
ACCCO's Advanced Diploma of Community Sector Management has been solely designed for those who are currently employed as, or eligible to work as a Nominated Supervisor, Director, Coordinator, Manager or similar of an ACECQA approved service.
While ACECQA doesn't specifically require this qualification to work in these roles, many school age care service managers find they lack higher level skills and knowledge in areas such as leadership and mentoring, change, service coordination, innovation, legislation and compliance, business operation skills, risk and finance. This qualification has been designed specifically to support these skill and knowledge areas as needed by ACECQA approved services.
Please note: This qualification is NOT designed for any industy apart from ACECQA approved children's services.
The ACCCO Advanced Diploma qualification supports employment in the following roles ONLY:
- Nominated Supervisors/ Directors/ Managers/ Coordinators in ACECQA approved services*
- Family day care coordination unit manager/coordinator (ACECQA approved)*
Please note: Completion of this qualification does NOT guarantee eligibility to work in ACECQA approved services. Students must check other ACECQA eligibility requirements to ensure they can obtain work in this job role after graduating.
- A good ability to read, write and speak English
- A sound ability to apply numeracy
- A sound understanding of legislation, practices and standards applicable to the overall operation of an ACECQA approved children's service. As an indicator, this level of understanding is what would typically be held by those holding a Diploma level qualification specialising in school age education and care, or formerly children's services. This level of understanding may also be acheived from having extensive experience working in ACECQA approved service/s.
- Approval to work in a management role within an ACECQA approved service for assessment. Educator only roles are not sufficient (see Assessment Methods right for more information).
Through the Advanced Diploma, students will learn to hold responsibility of operating the entire school age care service. There are 13 units of study in this qualification covering topics such as:
- Developing, implementing and evaluating quality frameworks and business plans
- Managing legal and ethical compliance
- Leading, coaching and mentoring a staff team
- More complex responsibilities, such as complaints, risks, change and finance
The full list of units and assessment methods is found on the column to the right.
Study ModesACCCO offers a variety of delivery options that allows students to complete the qualification in a mode/s that suit individual learning requirements:
- External Study: Self paced full time (30 weeks) or part time (up to 60 weeks) at a time/place convenient to you
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL): Self paced full time or part time
- Classroom: Please contact ACCCO to register your interest.
help and Support
All students in this qualification are allocated an ACCCO Trainer who will guide them through the qualification. Trainers are all qualified in education and have at least 5 years' experience.
Trainers offer regular phone, email and face to face support in the workplace so you always have help when you need it!
GREAT NEWS!!! This qualification attracts funding assistance for eligible persons!!!
This may include Centrelink/DHS payments and Government funding depending on your state/territory eligibility, with most funding options having very little cost to you as the student!!
Fees for students NOT eligible for any funding assistance:
- Enrolment fee: $300 including your first unit
- External study: $160 per unit (pay as you are ready to learn)
- Classroom study: Please contact ACCCO to enquire about cost, timetables and availability
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL): $150 per unit
- Credit Transfer: FREE