CHC62015 Advanced Diploma of Community Sector Management
ACECQA Approved: No
Recognised Australia wide: Yes
Centrelink/DHS approved: Yes
Funding available: Yes, subject to eligibility
ACCCO's Advanced Diploma of Community Sector Management has been solely designed for those who are currently employed as, or eligible to work as a Nominated Supervisor, Director, Coordinator, Manager or similar of an ACECQA approved service.
While ACECQA doesn't specifically require this qualification to work in these roles, many school age care service managers find they lack higher level skills and knowledge in areas such as leadership and mentoring, change, service coordination, innovation, legislation and compliance, business operation skills, risk and finance. This qualification has been designed specifically to support these skills and knowledge areas as needed by ACECQA approved services.
Please note: This qualification is NOT designed for any industry apart from ACECQA approved children's services.
The ACCCO Advanced Diploma qualification supports employment in the following roles ONLY:
- Nominated Supervisors/ Directors/ Managers/ Coordinators in ACECQA approved services*
- Family day care coordination unit manager/coordinator (ACECQA approved)*
Please note: Completion of this qualification does NOT guarantee eligibility to work in ACECQA approved services. Students must check other ACECQA eligibility requirements to ensure they can obtain work in this job role after graduating.
- A good ability to read, write and speak English
- A sound ability to apply numeracy
- A sound understanding of legislation, practices and standards applicable to the overall operation of an ACECQA approved children's service. As an indicator, this level of understanding is what would typically be held by those holding a Diploma level qualification specialising in school age education and care, or formerly children's services. This level of understanding may also be achieved from having extensive experience working in ACECQA approved service/s.
- Approval to work in a management role within an ACECQA approved service for assessment. Educator only roles are not sufficient (see Assessment Methods right for more information).
Through the Advanced Diploma, students will learn to hold responsibility of operating the entire school age care service. There are 13 units of study in this qualification covering topics such as:
- Developing, implementing and evaluating quality frameworks and business plans
- Managing legal and ethical compliance
- Leading, coaching and mentoring a staff team
- More complex responsibilities, such as complaints, risks, change and finance
The full list of units and assessment methods is found on the column to the right.
Study OptionsACCCO offers a variety of delivery options that allows students to complete the qualification in a mode/s that suit individual learning requirements:
- External Study: Self paced full time (30 weeks) or part time (up to 60 weeks) at a time/place convenient to you
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL): Self paced full time or part time
- Classroom: Please contact ACCCO to register your interest.
Help and Support
All students in this qualification are allocated an ACCCO Trainer who will guide them through the qualification. Trainers are all qualified in education and have at least 5 years' experience.
Trainers offer regular phone, email and face to face support in the workplace so you always have help when you need it!
This qualification attracts funding assistance for eligible persons!!!
Much of the funding provided by the Australian Government is directed at teaching and learning in higher education through a range of initiatives. Funding varies between State / Territories so please check below for eligibility requirements for what is available in your area.
Please click here or phone ACCCO on 1300 139 406, for fees applicable to you in your local area.
How to Apply
Once you have made the decision to apply for a qualification you will need to download an enrolment pack and complete a Literacy, Numeracy and Language Indicator (LLN).
You will need to attach the following documents with your application:
- Colour copy of Passport or Driver’s Licence. (Proof of ID+ residency) - If passport provided please provide a copy of a bank statement or utility bill issued within the last 6 months showing your current residential address.
- Colour copy of either: current green Medicare care; Birth Certificate; current Australian passport; current New Zealand passport; or Australian citizenship certificate. (Proof of citizenship)
- Colour copy of Certificates and Statement Results for any previously attained or partially completed qualifications completed in or recognised in Australia.
Before you submit your application it is important that you provide all the above required documents. Without these we are unable to process your application.
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively you can post or visit us.
For more information on how to apply please refer to our Enrolment Fact Sheet.