CHC50213 Diploma OF School Age Education and Care
ACECQA Approved: Yes
Recognised Australia wide: Yes
Centrelink/DHS Approved: Yes
Funding available: Yes, depending on eligibility
The Diploma of School Age Education and Care is one of the qualifications that ACECQA requires for those wanting to take on higher levels of responsibility and leadership in a school age care service. It is the qualification for those wishing to lead an education and care program for children outside of the school environment.
The Diploma of School Age Education and Care provides for employment in the following roles:
- Lead Educator in before and after school care programs
- Lead Educator in vacation care/holiday programs
- Lead roles in leisure/youth programs
- Other education based employers may accept this qualification, such as working as tutor, support workers or as teacher aides.
- A good ability to read, write and speak English
- A sound ability to apply numeracy
- A current Working with Children Check
Through this qualification, you will learn what it means to provide a program for school age children and work in a position of responsibility. There are 25 units of study in this qualification covering topics such as:
- Developing, implementing and evaluating learning programs for children
- Facilitating children’s holistic development and wellbeing
- Managing and maintaining legal and ethical compliance
- Leadership and basic management responsibilities
The list of units and assessment methods is found on the column to the right.
ACCCO offers a variety of delivery options that allows students to complete the qualification in a mode/s that suit individual learning requirements:
- Class: Full Time 48 weeks (or 30 weeks if completed CHC40113) at various locations across Australia. Please contact ACCCO to enquire about timetables and availability
- Class: Part Time up to 96 weeks (or 60 weeks if completed CHC40113) at various locations across Australia. Please contact ACCCO to enquire about timetables and availability
- External Study: Self paced full time or part time, at a place convenient to you
- Traineeships/Apprenticeships: Full time or part time on contract in the workplace
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL): Self paced full time or part time
Help and Support
All students in this qualification are allocated an ACCCO Trainer who will guide them through the qualification. Trainers are all qualified in education and have at least 5 years' experience.
Trainers offer regular phone, email and face to face support in the workplace so you always have help when you need it!
This qualification attracts funding assistance for eligible persons!!!
Much of the funding provided by the Australian Government is directed at teaching and learning in higher education through a range of initiatives. Funding varies between State / Territories so please check for eligibility requirements for what is available in your area.
Please click here or phone ACCCO on 1300 139 406, for fees applicable to you in your local area.
How to Apply
Once you have made the decision to apply for a qualification you will need to download an enrolment pack and complete a Literacy, Numeracy and Language Indicator (LLN).
You will need to attach the following documents with your application:
- Colour copy of Passport or Driver’s Licence. (Proof of ID+ residency) - If passport provided please provide a copy of a bank statement or utility bill issued within the last 6 months showing your current residential address.
- Colour copy of either: current green Medicare care; Birth Certificate; current Australian passport; current New Zealand passport; or Australian citizenship certificate. (Proof of citizenship)
- Colour copy of Certificates and Statement Results for any previously attained or partially completed qualifications completed in or recognised in Australia.
Before you submit your application it is important that you provide all the above required documents. Without these we are unable to process your application.
Please submit your application to email@example.com. Alternatively you can post or visit us.
For more information on how to apply please refer to our Enrolment Fact Sheet.