CHC50213 Diploma OF School Age Education and Care
ACECQA Approved: Yes
Recognised Australia wide: Yes
Centrelink/DHS Approved: Yes
Funding available: Yes, depending on eligibility
The Diploma of School Age Education and Care is one of the qualifications that ACECQA requires for those wanting to take on higher levels of responsiblity and leadership in a school age care service. It is the qualification for those wishing to lead a education and care program for children outside of the school environment.
The Diploma of School Age Education and Care provides for employment in the following roles:
- Lead Educator in before and after school care programs
- Lead Educator in vacation care/holiday programs
- Lead roles in leisure/youth programs
- Other education based employers may accept this qualification, such as working as tutor, support workers or as teacher aides.
- A good ability to read, write and speak English
- A sound ability to apply numeracy
- A current Working with Children Check
Through this qualification, you will learn what it means to provide a program for school age children and work in a position of responsibility. There are 25 units of study in this qualification covering topics such as:
- Developing, implementing and evaluating learning programs for children
- Facilitating children’s holistic development and wellbeing
- Managing and maintaining legal and ethical compliance
- Leadership and basic management responsibilities
The list of units and assessment methods is found on the column to the right.
ACCCO offers a variety of delivery options that allows students to complete the qualification in a mode/s that suit individual learning requirements:
- Class: Full Time 48 weeks (or 30 weeks if completed CHC40113) at various locations across Australia. Please contact ACCCO to enquire about timetables and availability
- Class: Part Time up to 96 weeks (or 60 weeks if completed CHC40113) at various locations across Australia. Please contact ACCCO to enquire about timetables and availability
- External Study: Self paced full time or part time, at a place convenient to you
- Traineeships/Apprenticeships: Full time or part time on contract in the workplace
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL): Self paced full time or part time
help and Support
All students in this qualification are allocated an ACCCO Trainer who will guide them through the qualification. Trainers are all qualified in education and have at least 5 years' experience.
Trainers offer regular phone, email and face to face support in the workplace so you always have help when you need it!
GREAT NEWS!! This qualification attracts funding assistance for eligible persons!!!
This may include Taineeships, Apprenticeships, Centrelink/DHS payments and Government funding depending on your state/territory eligibility, with most funding options having very little cost to you as the student!!
Fees for students not eligible for funding assistance:
- Enrolment fee: $300 including your first unit
- External study: $160 per unit (pay as you are ready to learn)
- Classroom study: Please contact ACCCO to enquire about timetables and availability
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL): $150 per unit
- Credit Transfer: FREE