CHC40113 Certificate IV in School Age Education and Care
ACECQA Approved: Yes
Recognised Australia wide: Yes
Centrelink/DHS Approved: Yes
Funding available: Yes, subject to eligibility
The Certificate IV in School Age Education and Care introduces students to the role of working in the field of school age care. It is one of the minimum qualifications for gaining employment in an ACECQA approved school age care service and often the first qualification for those wanting to move to higher qualifications in school age care in the future.
This qualification supports employment in the following roles:
- Assistant Educator in before and after school care programs
- Assistant Educator in vacation care or school holiday programs
- Support roles in leisure/youth programs including recreation Assistant
- Other education based employers may accept this qualification, such as tutors, support workers or teacher aides.
- A sound ability to read, write and speak English
- A basic ability to apply numeracy
- A current Working with Children Check
Through the Certificate IV, you will learn the basics of working with school age children and supporting their development. There are 19 units of study in this qualification covering topics such as:
- Supporting child interaction, behaviour and care
- Assisting with child health and safety
- Supporting child development and learning
- Following legal and ethical frameworks
A full list of units and assessment methods is found on the column to the right.
ACCCO offers a variety of delivery options that allows students to complete the qualification in a mode/s that suit individual learning requirements:
- Classroom: Full time (25 weeks) or part time (up to 50 weeks) at various locations across Australia. Please contact ACCCO to enquire about timetables and availability
- External Study: Self paced full time or part time, at a place convenient to you
- Traineeships: Full time or part time on contract in the workplace
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL): Self paced full time or part time
Help and Support
All students in this qualification are allocated an ACCCO Trainer who will guide them through the qualification. Trainers are all qualified in education and have at least 5 years' experience.
Trainers offer regular phone, email and face to face support in the workplace so you always have help when you need it!
This qualification attracts funding assistance for eligible persons!!!
Much of the funding provided by the Australian Government is directed at teaching and learning in higher education through a range of initiatives. Funding varies between State / Territories so please check for eligibility requirements for what is available in your area.
Please click here or phone ACCCO on 1300 139 406 to check your eligibility for funding!
How to Apply
Once you have made the decision to apply for a qualification you will need to download an enrolment pack and complete a Literacy, Numeracy
and Language Indicator (LLN).
You will need to attach the following documents with your application:
- Colour copy of Passport or Driver’s Licence. (Proof of ID+ residency) - If passport provided please provide a copy of a bank statement or utility bill issued within the last 6 months showing your current residential address.
- Colour copy of either: current green Medicare care; Birth Certificate; current Australian passport; current New Zealand passport; or Australian citizenship certificate. (Proof of citizenship)
- Colour copy of Certificates and Statement Results for any previously attained or partially completed qualifications completed in or recognised in Australia.
Before you submit your application it is important that you provide all the above required documents. Without these we are unable to process your application.
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively you can post or visit us.
For more information on how to apply please refer to our Enrolment Fact Sheet.