CHC22015 CertifIcate II IN Community Services
(with a focus on School Age Education and Care)
ACECQA Approved: No
Centrelink/DHS Approved: Yes
Recognised Australia wide: Yes
The Certificate II in Community Services is an entry level qualification designed for people who are looking for skills for working with school aged children in the community. It also provides a pathway for students who wish to complete a Certificate IV in School Age Education and Care at a later date.
All roles are subject to the employers conditions of employment, however common roles for this qualification include:
- Babysitting, nannying, au pair and other private arrangements for childcare
- Activity, leisure and/or care programs, including play centres, resorts, gyms, sporting, shopping centres
- Coaching and tuition
- Other non-regulated childcare and community programs for school age children
- Some additional support roles in ACECQA Approved Services (Please note: To be employed to work with children in regulated care environments, ACECQA requires a minimum of a Certificate III qualification)
- A sound ability to read and write English
- A current Working with Children Check
ACCCO offers a variety of delivery options that allows students to complete the qualification in a mode/s that suit individual learning requirements:
- Classroom - Full time or part time at various locations across Australia. Please contact ACCCO to enquire about timetables and availability
- External - full time or part time, but this must be in school age care.
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) - self paced
help and Support
All students in this qualification are allocated an ACCCO Trainer who will guide them through the qualification. Trainers are all qualified in education and have at least 5 years' experience.
Trainers offer regular phone, email and face to face support in the workplace so you always have help when you need it!
GREAT NEWS!!! This qualification attracts funding assistance for eligible persons!!!
This may include Centrelink/DHS payments and Government funding (depending on your state/territory eligibility), with most funding options having very little cost to you as the student!!
Fees for students NOT eligible for any funding assistance:
- Enrolment fee: $300 including your first unit
- External study: $160 per unit (pay as you are ready to learn)
- Classroom study: Please contact ACCCO to enquire about cost, timetables and availability
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL): $150 per unit
- Credit Transfer: Free
- International Students: Click Here