ACCCO has been a part of the education and care sector for over 22 years. Apart from offering superior training services, we also offer the opportunity to utilise our qualified and experienced trainers in providing Professional Development to assist your staff in their ongoing learning and practice. ACCCO understands the education sector is ever changing and competitive, and we need to continuously upgrade service standards and therefore upskill staff in their skills and knowledge!
ACCCO provides the following services:
- Professional development workshops and inservice training. These can be in your service, at ACCCO training venues or at a place convenient to you! We are also flexible in delivery times so can deliver training after hours or on weekends at a time convenient to you.
- Guest speakers for events, such as family information evenings, conferences or other special events.
- Consultancy services, such as site inspections, advice on potential new service provision, or policy review.
Professional learning workshops for educators and leaders:
ACCCO’s expertise is in all areas of early childhood and school age education and care. We can...
Revise or expand on topics covered in previous qualifications. This is great for those who haven't studied for a while, want to know current
information, or just need a few more skills in areas without completing full qualifications!
- Training topics reflected in the National Quality Standards and the new individual development plans.
- Design something new you that want your staff to learn!! For example, to look at other ways to achieve excellence or improve quality.
- 2 hours of training
- All learning materials
- A qualified and experienced Consultant to guide learning
- A Statement of Attendance for all participants
- Light refreshments (for training in ACCCO head office)
Workshop Delivery Locations
- ACCCO Training Venue, (Brisbane) 318 St Pauls Terrace, Fortitude Valley QLD 4006
- ACCCO Training Venue, (Adelaide) 28B Anderson Walk, Smithfield, SA 5114
- Training can be delivered nationally, onsite at your workplace at time convenient to you
Workshop timetables subject to numbers. Please contact ACCCO for upcoming workshop available to you in your local area.
- $70 per person
- For onsite bookings a minimum invoice of $650 is required for 9 people or less
- For group onsite bookings, a minimum invoice deposit is required to be made on booking prior to each workshop. Balance due within 7 days of date of invoice.
- Prices do not include airfare and accommodation unless ACCCO has a local consultant located within your area.
- All prices are GST inclusive.
- The invoice will be charged as per the booking form numbers, any additional numbers will be invoiced separately.
- If the attendance number is less than requested on the booking form, the service will still be liable for the negotiated agreed price at the time of the booking.
Why invest in Professional Development?
An investment in professional development, as well as being required under the National Quality Standard, has a range of benefits for education and care services.
- It allows staff to achieve personal and workplace goals
- It enables staff and providers to be confident in their ability to comply with professional regulatory obligations
- It enables staff to maintain and improve their professional competence by keeping abreast of new technology, theory, requirements and practice
- It has a significant positive impact on staff retention
- It contributes towards increased value and respect for sector professionalism
Book into one or more of our workshops below, or consult us to design a topic all of your own!
Educational program and practice (QA1) - What should staff be considering when planning a curriculum for children? How is the evaluation process important in the planning cycle? There is no one way to program but participants are encouraged to reflect on strategies which meet approved learning frameworks and the National Quality Standards.
Educational program and practice (QA1) - Can’t get your head around documentation? Need ideas to help make learning more visible? This workshop will explore the documentation cycle, look at thinking outside of the box when it comes to documentation and how to share documentation with children and families.
Numeracy, Literacy and Inquiry Based Learning
Educational program and practice (QA1) - Do you need more ideas for supporting learning in language and literacy and thinking skills? Discover how numeracy and literacy is embedded in everyday play and life activities, and how you can enhance this. The workshop will also look at strategies to use and possible resources for learning.
Physical environment (QA1) - This workshop explores the physical environment that plays a critical role in contributing to children’s ‘wellbeing, happiness, creativity and developing independence and determining the quality of children’s learning and experiences.
Planning for Babies & Toddlers
Educational program and practice (QA1) - This workshop focuses on staff techniques when working with babies and toddlers. How is the environment set to engage children? What communication systems are in place for the staff and families?
Children's health and safety (QA2) - This workshop will engage your staff in the legislation of child protection, service policies and scenario to identify key indicators of children that may be at risk of harm. Educators’ professional, ethical and legal responsibilities, duty of care, recording, evaluating and notification.
Effective leadership and management systems
Governance and leadership (QA7) - Effective leadership and management systems are vital to the success of any service. It is also important to promote the ongoing cycle of reflective practice, engagement with key stakeholders and continuous quality improvement. This workshops focuses on the integral role that vision and philosophy play in leadership and service management.
Staffing arrangements (QA4) - Team building is...an active process by which a group of individuals with a common purpose are focused and aligned to achieve a specific task or set of outcomes. Educators, coordinators and staff members work collaboratively and affirm, challenge, support and learn from each other to further develop their skills, to improve practice and relationships.
Stress and Time Management
Staffing arrangements (QA4) - This workshop presents to staff triggers for their stresses in education and how to manage these effectively. Included are ideas for effective time management and its importance for creating a calm environment for children and families.
Effective Communication & Building Professional Relationships
Staffing arrangements (QA4) - Effective communication is essential within any education and care service. It helps to build respectful relationships and supports the wellbeing of children, staff and families. See how the language of the virtues can enhance these experiences.
Bookings and Further Information
Training can be delivered nationally across Australia. For group onsite bookings, training can be
delivered after hours or on weekends at a time convenient to you. Please download a booking form and submit to;
Click to access >> Workshop Booking Form <<
Click to access >> Professional Development Flyer 2018 <<
Email: email@example.com or phone head office: free call 1300 139 406
Phone: (08) 8284 1794
Address: 28B Anderson Walk, Smithfield, SA 5114
Phone: (07) 3257 1972
Address: 161 Brunswick Street, Fortitude Valley, QLD 4006
Please contact ACCCO for upcoming workshop dates/times. Workshop timetables subject to numbers.