HLTAID004 - Provide an Emergency First Aid Response in an Education and Care Setting
NQF Approved Qualification: Yes
Recognised Australia wide: Yes
Most employers require their staff to hold a CPR qualification. It is also a part of various Early Childhood, School Age and Education Support qualifications. This course is ideal for meeting obligations in case of an accident or injury to anyone on the Care or Educational Facility premises. There are no pre-requisites for this first aid course so it is perfect for people that have never completed first aid training before, and is the minimum required course for workplace first aiders.
Practical exercises are completed in groups or pairs and will involve placing participants in the recovery position, applying bandages and slings, Use of the Epi pen, Use of Asthma puffer and practicing CPR on manikins on the floor.
This competency based training describes the skills and knowledge required to:
- How to recognise an emergency situation
- Assess the casualty and recognise the need for CPR
- Seek assistance from emergency response services
- Chain of survival
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation in accordance with ARC guidelines
- Operate automated external defibrillator (AED) according to manufacturer’s instructions
- Display respectful behaviour towards casualty & Legal, workplace and community considerations
- Abdominal injuries
- Allergic reaction
- Basic care of a wound
- Bleeding control
- Cardiac conditions, including chest pain
- Choking and airway obstruction
- Crush injuries
- Environmental impact, including hypothermia, hyperthermia, dehydration and heat stroke
- Eye and ear injuries
- Febrile convulsions
- Head, neck and spinal injuries
- Minor skin injuries
- Needle stick injuries
- Poisoning and toxic substances
- Respiratory distress, including asthma
- Seizures, including epilepsy
- Soft tissue injuries, including strains and, sprains
*Specific licensing requirements, including requirements for refresher training, should be obtained from the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) and/or relevant state/territory Work Health and Safety Regulatory Authority.
ACCCO recommends for best practice and to remain proficient with managing Asthma, Anaphylaxis, Choking, Life Threatening Bleeding, and other unintentional injuries as well as CPR, that you update your full first aid certificate yearly.
This full day session is designed specifically for educators and support staff working within an education and care setting and satisfies ACECQA requirements for first aid, anaphylaxis management and emergency asthma training.
This class covers all the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to any infant, child or adult including the use of all 3 manikin types during CPR.
Upon completion of the course, you will be issued with a Statement of Attainment to certify that you have been trained and shown competence in HLTAID004 Provide an Emergency First Aid Response in an Education and Care Setting.
All of ACCCO's first aid trainers are also qualified to work in education. This gives you the advantage of learning from a specialist who actually knows your job!!
Your First Aid certificate is valid for three (3) years. The CPR component of the course is valid for 12 months and will need to be updated annually for your certification to remain current.
- You are required to complete 2 to 4 hours of pre-course theory. It is a requirement that this be completed prior to attending the class.
- Students must have the physical ability to provide resuscitation by kneeling on the floor and performing two (2) minutes of uninterrupted CPR.
Unique Student Identifier (USI)
Completing any vocational education course in Australia, it is a requirement for you to obtain and supply a USI. This is obtainable from usi.gov.au If a USI is not supplied and verified with www.usi.gov.au a certificate cannot be issued to you.
$125 Per Person
For onsite bookings, a minimum invoice of $650 is required for 5 people or less.
Training can be delivered across Australia anytime including after hours or on weekends giving you the flexibility of your training being delivered at a time most convenient for you.
- Training delivered by industry
- We can come at a time that suits you – evenings or weekends!
(All in-service bookings require a minimum invoice of $650).
ACCCO training facilities
FORTITUDE VALLEY - BRISBANE
161 Brunswick Street,
Fortitude Valley, QLD 4006
07 3257 1972
SMITHFIELD - ADELAIDE
26 Anderson Walk,
Smithfield, SA 5114
08 8284 1794
Upcoming training dates
2019 First Aid training opportunities. Course timetables subject to numbers.
- 8th May - Course: HLTAID004 (First Aid) - Time: 8.00am - 4.00pm
- 18th May - Course: HLTAID004 (First Aid) - Time: 8.00am - 4.00pm
- 12th May - Course: HLTAID004 (First Aid) - Time: 8.00am - 4.00pm
- 29th May - Course: HLTAID004 (First Aid) - Time: 8.00am - 4.00pm
- 24th July - Course: HLTAID004 (First Aid) - Time: 9.00am - 5.00pm
- 21st August - Course: HLTAID004 (First Aid) - Time: 9.00am - 5.00pm
- 4th September - Course: HLTAID004 (First Aid) - Time: 9.00am - 5.00pm
- 18th September - Course: HLTAID004 (First Aid) - Time: 9.00am - 5.00pm
- 2nd October - Course: HLTAID004 (First Aid) - Time: 9.00am - 5.00pm
- 16th October - Course: HLTAID004 (First Aid) - Time: 9.00am - 5.00pm
- 13th November - Course: HLTAID004 (First Aid) - Time: 9.00am - 5.00pm
- 27th November - Course: HLTAID004 (First Aid) - Time: 9.00am - 5.00pm
(First Aid) - Time: 9.00am - 5.00pm
Bookings and further information
Give us a call on 1300 139 406 to book your First Aid training or fill out the booking form below. Payment will be required
at the time of booking. Once payment has been processed we are not able to provide refunds but are able to transfer you to another
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR ACCCO STUDENTS
If you are completing a first aid course as a part of a qualification (eg Certificate III or Diploma), please consult your Study Plan/
Training Plan and ONLY enrol in the code listed. If you complete a different first aid to your qualification, then credit cannot be granted.
Courses are specific and not transferable.
For example: the HLTAID003 qualification sits within some Education Support programs, whilst the HLTAID004 qualification primarily sits within the Education and Care programs. It is your responsibility to enrol in the relevant unit for your program of study. Please contact ACCCO directly if you are unsure.
BOOK YOUR TRAINING TODAY
Ready to book your training? Give us a call or fill out the Book Now! Form.