HLTAID004 - Provide an Emergency First Aid Response in an Education and Care Setting
Centrelink/DHS Approved: No
ACECQA Approved: Yes
Recognised Australia wide: Yes
This full day session is designed specifically for educators and support staff working within an education and care setting and satisfies ACECQA requirements for first aid, anaphylaxis management and emergency asthma training.
This class covers all the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to any infant, child or adult including the use of all 3 mannequin types during CPR.
All of ACCCO's first aid trainers are also qualified to work in education. This gives you the advantage of learning from a specialist who actually knows your job!!
There are no pre-requisites
- Class - 8.00am – 5.00pm
- External - Please contact ACCCO to enquire about group bookings and availability
Please note: Pre-course reading and booklet to be completed prior to class.
First aid training is delivered in Queensland, New South Wales and South Australia.
ACCCO also provides training in community venues. Contact ACCCO for more information.
$125 Per Person*
*For students currently studying with ACCCO, this qualification may be included in your course fees. Please contact ACCCO to enquire.
Upon completion of the course, you will be issued with a Statement of Attainment to certify that you have been trained and shown competence in HLTAID004 Provide an Emergency First Aid Response in an Education and Care Setting.
This competency based training describes the skills and knowledge required to:
- How to recognise an emergency situation
- Assess the casualty and recognise the need for CPR
- Seek assistance from emergency response services
- Chain of survival
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation in accordance with ARC guidelines
- Operate automated external defibrillator (AED) according to manufacturer’s instructions
- Display respectful behaviour towards casualty & Legal, workplace and community considerations
- Abdominal injuries
- Allergic reaction
- Basic care of a wound
- Bleeding control
- Cardiac conditions, including chest pain
- Choking and airway obstruction
- Crush injuries
- Environmental impact, including hypothermia, hyperthermia, dehydration and heat stroke
- Eye and ear injuries
- Febrile convulsions
- Head, neck and spinal injuries
- Minor skin injuries
- Needle stick injuries
- Poisoning and toxic substances
- Respiratory distress, including asthma
- Seizures, including epilepsy
- Soft tissue injuries, including strains and, sprains
*Specific licensing requirements, including requirements for refresher training, should be obtained from the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) and/or relevant state/territory Work Health and Safety Regulatory Authority.
ACCCO recommends for best practice and to remain proficient with managing Asthma, Anaphylaxis, Choking, Life Threatening Bleeding, and other unintentional injuries as well as CPR, that you update your full first aid certificate yearly.
About Provide an Emergency First Aid Response in an Education and Care Setting
This course is ideal for meeting obligations in case of an accident or injury to anyone on the Care or Educational Facility premises.
There are no pre-requisites for this first aid course so it is perfect for people that have never completed first aid training before, and is the minimum required course for workplace first aiders.
You are required to complete 4 hours of pre-course theory. It is a requirement that this be completed prior to attending the class.
Practical exercises are completed in groups or pairs and will involve placing participants in the recovery position, applying bandages and slings, Use of the Epi pen, Use of Asthma puffer and practicing CPR on manikins on the floor.