Hltaid003 - Provide First Aid
This Unit of Competency is the national first aid course required by all workplaces, and replaces courses previously known as Senior First Aid or Apply First Aid. This course is the minimum first aid course for any first aider in the workplace. Most first aiders will also be required to complete annual CPR training depending on the industry they work in or their workplace’s first aid policy.
This course includes Provide Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (HLTAID001) and Provide Basic Emergency Life Support (HLTAID002).
There are no pre-requisites
Study options and durations
- Class - 8.00am – 4.00pm
- External - Please contact ACCCO to enquire about group bookings and availability
*Pre-course reading and booklet to be completed prior to class.
ACCCO's First Aid Training Centre is located 318 St Pauls Terrace, Fortitude Valley.
ACCCO also provides training in community venues. Contact ACCCO for more information
$99 Per Person
*For students currently studying with ACCCO, this qualification may be included in your course fees. Please contact ACCCO to enquire.
First Aid CertifIcation:
Upon completion of the course, you will be issued with a Statement of Attainment to certify that you have been trained and shown competence in HLTAID003 Provide First Aid which encompasses the contents of HLTAID001 Provide CPR and HLTAID002 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support.
Your Provide First Aid certificate is valid for three (3) years. The CPR component of the course is valid for 12 months and will need to be updated annually for your certification to remain current.
This competency based training describes the skills and knowledge required to;
- How to recognise an emergency situation
- Assess the casualty and recognise the need for CPR
- Seek assistance from emergency response services
- Chain of survival
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation in accordance with ARC guidelines
- Operate automated external defibrillator (AED) according to manufacturer’s instructions
- Display respectful behaviour towards casualty & Legal, workplace and community considerations
- Abdominal injuries
- Allergic reaction
- Basic care of a wound
- Bleeding control
- Cardiac conditions, including chest pain
- Choking and airway obstruction
- Crush injuries
- Environmental impact, including hypothermia, hyperthermia, dehydration and heat stroke
- Eye and ear injuries
- Febrile convulsions
- Head, neck and spinal injuries
- Minor skin injuries
- Needle stick injuries
- Poisoning and toxic substances
- Respiratory distress, including asthma
- Seizures, including epilepsy
*Specific licensing requirements, including requirements for refresher training, should be obtained from the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) and/or relevant state/territory Work Health and Safety Regulatory Authority.
About Provide First Aid
There are no pre-requisites for this first aid course so it is perfect for people that have never completed first aid training before, and is the minimum required course for workplace first aiders.
You are required to complete 2 to 4 hours of pre-course theory. It is a requirement that this be completed prior to attending the class.
Practical exercises are completed in groups or pairs and will involve placing participants in the recovery position, applying bandages and slings, Use of the Epipen, Use of Asthma puffer and practicing CPR on manikins on the floor.
To enquire about enrolment please contact us or phone 1300 139 406.