HLTAID001 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
NQF Approved Qualification: Yes
Recognised Australia wide: Yes
Most employers require their staff to hold a CPR qualification. It is also a part of various Early Childhood, School Age and Education Support qualifications. This CPR first aid course will provide you with the knowledge and skills necessary to maintain breathing and circulation in an adult, child or infant following cardiac arrest. Content is based on Australian Resuscitation Council Guidelines.
Please note it is a requirement of this course that the practical demonstration of CPR must be performed on the adult manikin on the floor.
This competency based training describes the skills and knowledge required to:
- Learn how to recognise an emergency situation Display respectful behaviour towards casualty & Legal, workplace and community considerations
- Assess the casualty and recognise the need for CPR
- Seek assistance from emergency response services
- Detailed instructions for CPR in adults, children and babies
- Chain of survival
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation in accordance with ARC guidelines
- Operate automated external defibrillator (AED) according to manufacturer’s instructions
*Specific licensing requirements, including requirements for refresher training, should be obtained from the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA) and/or relevant state/territory Work Health and Safety Regulatory Authority.
This Unit of Competency provides the skills and knowledge required to perform CPR in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines. There are no pre-requisites for this course, which means that you don’t need any other course qualification to enrol.
Simulated assessment environments will simulate the real-life working environment where these skills and knowledge would be performed, with all the relevant equipment and resources of that working environment.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will be issued with a Statement of Attainment to certify that you have been trained and shown competence in HLTAID001 Provide CPR.
Students must have the physical ability to provide resuscitation by kneeling on the floor and performing two (2) minutes of uninterrupted CPR.
Unique Student Identifier (USI)
Completing any vocational education course in Australia, it is a requirement for you to obtain and supply a USI. This is obtainable from usi.gov.au If a USI is not supplied and verified with www.usi.gov.au a certificate cannot be issued to you.
$50 Per Person
For onsite bookings a minimum invoice of $650 is required for 13 people or less.
Training can be delivered across Australia anytime including after hours or on weekends giving you the flexibility of your training being delivered at a time most convenient for you.
- Training delivered by industry
- We can come at a time that suits you – evenings or weekends!
(All in-service bookings require a minimum invoice of $650).
ACCCO training facilities
FORTITUDE VALLEY - BRISBANE
161 Brunswick Street,
Fortitude Valley, QLD 4006
07 3257 1972
SMITHFIELD - ADELAIDE
26 Anderson Walk,
Smithfield, SA 5114
08 8284 1794
Upcoming training dates
2019 First Aid training opportunities. Course timetables subject to numbers.
- 8th May - Course: HLTAID001 (CPR) - Time: 8.00am - 11.00am
- 18th May - Course: HLTAID001 (CPR) - Time: 8.00am - 11.00am
- 12th June - Course: HLTAID001 (CPR) - Time: 8.00am - 11.00am
- 29th June - Course: HLTAID001 (CPR) - Time: 8.00am - 11.00am
- 24th July - Course: HLTAID001 (CPR) - Time: 9.00am - 12.00pm
- 21st August - Course: HLTAID001 (CPR) - Time: 9.00am - 12.00pm
- 4th September - Course: HLTAID001 (CPR) - Time: 9.00am - 12.00pm
- 18th September - Course: HLTAID001 (CPR) - Time: 9.00am - 12.00pm
- 2nd October - Course: HLTAID001 (CPR) - Time: 9.00am - 12.00pm
- 16th October - Course: HLTAID001 (CPR) - Time: 9.00am - 12.00pm
- 13th November - Course: HLTAID001 (CPR) - Time: 9.00am - 12.00pm
- 27th November - Course: HLTAID001 (CPR) - Time: 9.00am - 12.00pm
- Time: 9.00am - 12.00pm
Bookings and further information
Give us a call on 1300 139 406 to book your First Aid training or fill out the booking form below. Payment will be required
at the time of booking. Once payment has been processed we are not able to provide refunds but are able to transfer you to another
important information for accco students
If you are completing a first aid course as a part of a qualification (eg Certificate III or Diploma), please consult your Study Plan/
Training Plan and ONLY enrol in the code listed. If you complete a different first aid to your qualification, then credit cannot be
granted. Courses are specific and not transferable.
For example: the HLTAID003 qualification sits within some Education Support programs, whilst the HLTAID004 qualification primarily sits within the Education and Care programs. It is your responsibility to enrol in the relevant unit for your program of study. Please contact ACCCO directly if you are unsure.
book your training today
Ready to book your training? Give us a call or fill out the Book Now! Form.