CHC30213 Certificate III In Education Support
ACECQA Approved: Yes
Centrelink/DHS Approved: Yes
Recognised Australia wide: Yes
The Certificate III in Education Support is an ideal qualification for people seeking employment in education roles which provides assistance and support to qualified Educators and Teachers. It is a versitile qualification leading the graduate to work in a range of diverse education environments including schools, kindergartens, preschools, early childhood, school age care or other education environment in entry level positions. It is the ideal qualification for any prospective student who want to keep their options open for the type of education environment they'd like to work in the future.
The Certificate III in Education Support provides for employment in the following roles:
- Teacher Aide in schools, preschools/kindergartens
- Education Support staff
- Education Assistant (special needs, language/literacy, cultural support)
- Early Childhood Assistant Educator (long day care, family day care)
- School Age Care Assistant Educator (vacation care, OSHC, Kindergarten)
- Home tutor
- A sound ability to read, write and speak English
- A basic ability to apply numeracy
- A current Working with Children Check
This qualification prepares you for working within an education environment supporting students and qualified educators. There are 17 units of study in this qualification covering topics such as:
- Working effectively with students, including managing behaviour
- Supporting child/student development and learning within a curriculum framework
- Working with diverse people
- Following legal and ethical frameworks, including child protection
A full list of units and assessment methods is found on the column to the right.
Study OptionsACCCO offers a variety of delivery options that allows students to complete the qualification in a mode/s that suit individual learning requirements:
- Classroom: Full time (24 weeks) or part time (up to 48 weeks) at various locations across Australia. Please contact ACCCO to enquire about timetables and availability
- External Study: Self paced full time or part time, at a place convenient to you
- Traineeships: Full time or part time on contract in the workplace
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL): Self paced full time or part time
Help and Support
All students in this qualification are allocated an ACCCO Trainer who will guide them through the qualification. Trainers are all qualified in education and have at least 5 years experience completing the job you are wanting to hold.
Trainers offer regular phone, email and face to face support in the workplace so you always have help when you need it!
This qualification attracts funding assistance for eligible persons!!!
Much of the funding provided by the Australian Government is directed at teaching and learning in higher education through a range of initiatives. Funding varies between State / Territories so please check below for eligibility requirements for what is available in your area.
Please click here or phone ACCCO on 1300 139 406, for fees applicable to you in your local area.
How to Apply
Once you have made the decision to apply for a qualification you will need to download an enrolment pack and complete a Literacy, Numeracy and Language Indicator (LLN).
You will need to attach the following documents with your application:
- Colour copy of Passport or Driver’s Licence. (Proof of ID+ residency) - If passport provided please provide a copy of a bank statement or utility bill issued within the last 6 months showing your current residential address.
- Colour copy of either: current green Medicare care; Birth Certificate; current Australian passport; current New Zealand passport; or Australian citizenship certificate. (Proof of citizenship)
- Colour copy of Certificates and Statement Results for any previously attained or partially completed qualifications completed in or recognised in Australia.
Before you submit your application it is important that you provide all the above required documents. Without these we are unable to process your application.
Please submit your application to email@example.com. Alternatively you can post or visit us.
For more information on how to apply please refer to our Enrolment Fact Sheet.