CHC50113 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care
ACECQA Approved: Yes
Centrelink/DHS Approved: Yes
Recognised Australia wide: Yes
The Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care is the qualification that ACECQA requires for those wanting to take on higher levels of responsibility and leadership in an early childhood service. It is the qualification for those wishing to lead an education and care program for children before they enter formal schooling.
The Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care provides for employment in the following roles:
- Lead Educator in long day care, child care centres, occasional care
- Family Day Care Educator
- Assistant Educator in a Kindergarten or preschool program, working with a teacher
- Supervisor roles in ACECQA approved services.
- Early Childhood Teacher (for those holding Primary Teaching qualifications. See also the Early Childhood Teacher Bridging Program)
- Other education based employers may accept this qualification, such as working as tutor, education support staff or as teacher aides.
- A good ability to read, write and speak English
- A sound ability to apply numeracy
- A current Working with Children Check
Through the Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care, you will learn what it means to provide a program for babies, toddlers and young children and work in a position of responsibility. There are 28 units of study in this qualification covering topics such as:
- Developing, implementing and evaluating learning programs for children
- Facilitating children’s holistic development and wellbeing
- Managing and maintaining legal and ethical compliance
- Leadership and basic management responsibilities
The list of units and assessment methods is found on the column to the right.
ACECQA's "Actively working towards an approved qualiFIcation" requirements
Students wishing to be considered "actively working towards" an approved Diploma qualification for ACECQA purposes may need to show evidence to their employer / prospective employer that they have successfully completed 11 units of this qualification. Students seeking this approval to be eligible to be classified as "actively working towards a Diploma" will need to maintain a current enrolment and be making satisfactory progress in the Diploma. Click here for ACECQA's requirements for this.
ACCCO offers a variety of delivery options that allows students to complete the qualification in a mode/s that suit individual learning requirements:
- Class: Full Time 48 weeks (or 30 weeks if completed CHC30113) at various locations across Australia. Please contact ACCCO to enquire about timetables and availability
- Class: Part Time up to 96 weeks (or 60 weeks if completed CHC30113) at various locations across Australia. Please contact ACCCO to enquire about timetables and availability
- External Study: Self paced full time or part time, at a place convenient to you
- Traineeships/Apprenticeships: Full time or part time on contract in the workplace
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL): Self paced full time or part time
help and Support
All students in this qualification are allocated an ACCCO Trainer who will guide them through the qualification. Trainers are all qualified in early childhood education and have at least 5 years' experience completing the job you are wanting to hold.
Trainers offer regular phone, email and face to face support in the workplace so you always have help when you need it!
GREAT NEWS!!! This qualification attracts funding assistance for eligible persons!!!
This may include Traineeships, Apprenticeships, Centrelink/DHS payments and Government funding (depending on your state/territory eligibility), with most funding options having very little cost to you as the student!!
Fees for students NOT eligible for any funding assistance:
- Enrolment fee: $300 including your first unit
- External study: $160 per unit (pay as you are ready to learn)
- Classroom study: Please contact ACCCO to enquire about cost, timetables and availability
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL): $150 per unit
- Credit Transfer: Free
- International Students: Click Here