CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
Centrelink/DHS Approved: Yes
ACECQA Approved: Yes
Recognised Australia wide: Yes
Through the Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care, you will be introduced to working in the field of early childhood. It is the minimum qualification to gain employment in ACECQA approved early childhood services and often the qualification studied for those wanting to begin their career in early childhood education.
The Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care provides for employment in the following roles:
- Assistant Educator in long day care
- Assistant Educator in child care centres
- Assistant Educator in a Kindergarten or preschool program
- Assistant Educator in occasional care
- Family Day Care Educator
- Nanny or babysitter
- Other education based employers may accept this qualification, such as working as tutor, education support staff or as teacher aides.
- A sound ability to read, write and speak English
- A basic ability to apply numeracy
A current Working with Children Check
The Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care teaches students what it means to work with others to provide education and care for babies, toddlers and young children. There are 18 units of study in this qualification covering topics such as:
- Supporting child interaction, behaviour and care
- Assisting with child health and safety
- Supporting child development and learning
- Following legal and ethical frameworks
The full list of units and assessment methods is found in the column to the right.
ACCCO offers a variety of delivery options that allows students to complete the qualification in a mode/s that suit individual learning requirements:
- Class: Full time (25 weeks) or part time (up to 50 weeks) at various locations across Australia. Please contact ACCCO to enquire about timetables and availability
- External Study: Self paced full time or part time, at a time and place convenient to you
- Traineeships: Full time or part time on contract in the workplace
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL): Self paced full time or part time
Help and Support
All students in this qualification are allocated an ACCCO Trainer who will guide them through the qualification. Trainers are all qualified in early childhood education and have at least 5 years' experience completing the job you are wanting to hold.
Trainers offer regular phone, email and face to face support in the workplace so you always have help when you need it!
This qualification attracts funding assistance for eligible persons!!!
Much of the funding provided by the Australian Government is directed at teaching and learning in higher education through a range of initiatives. Funding varies between State / Territories so please check your eligibility requirements for what is available in your area.
Please click here or phone ACCCO on 1300 139 406, for fees applicable to you in your local area.
How to Apply
Once you have made the decision to apply for a qualification you will need to download an enrolment pack and complete a Literacy, Numeracy and Language Indicator (LLN).
You will need to attach the following documents with your application:
- Colour copy of Passport or Driver’s Licence. (Proof of ID+ residency) - If passport provided please provide a copy of a bank statement or utility bill issued within the last 6 months showing your current residential address.
- Colour copy of either: current green Medicare care; Birth Certificate; current Australian passport; current New Zealand passport; or Australian citizenship certificate. (Proof of citizenship)
- Colour copy of Certificates and Statement Results for any previously attained or partially completed qualifications completed in or recognised in Australia.
Before you submit your application it is important that you provide all the above required documents. Without these we are unable to process your application.
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively you can post or visit us.
For more information on how to apply please refer to our Enrolment Fact Sheet.