CHC30113 CertiFIcate III IN Early Childhood Education and Care
ACECQA Approved: Yes
Centrelink/DHS Approved: Yes
Recognised Australia wide: Yes
Through the Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care, you will be introduced to working in the field of early childhood. It is the minimum qualification to gain employment in ACECQA approved early childhood services and often the qualification studied for those wanting to begin their career in early childhood education.
The Certificate III provides for employment in the following roles:
- Assistant Educator in long day care
- Assistant Educator in child care centres
- Assistant Educator in a Kindergarten or
- Assistant Educator in occasional care
- Family Day Care Educator
- Nanny or babysitter
- Other education based employers may accept this qualification, such as working as tutor,
education support staff or as teacher aides.
- A sound ability to read, write and speak English
- A basic ability to apply numeracy
- A current Working with Children Check
Through the Certificate III, you will learn what it means to work with others to provide education and care for babies, toddlers and young children. There are 18 units of study in this qualification covering topics such as:
- Supporting child interaction, behaviour and care
- Assisting with child health and safety
- Supporting child development and learning
- Following legal and ethical frameworks
The list of units and assessment methods is found on the column to the right.
Study modes and durations
Students can choose from the following:
- Class: Full time or part time at various locations across Australia
- External Study: Self paced full time or part time, at a place convenient to you
- Traineeships: Full time or part time on contract in the workplace
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL): Self paced full time or part time
help and Support
All students in this qualification are allocated an ACCCO Trainer who will guide them through the qualification. Trainers are all qualified in early childhood education and have at least 5 years experience completing the job you are wanting to hold.
Trainers offer regular phone, email and face to face support in the workplace so you always have help when you need it!
This qualification attracts a wide range of funding assistance to reduce the study costs which may include Traineeships, Centrelink payments and Government funding (with some having very little cost to the student). Please click here to check your eligibility for funding applicable to you in your state/territory.
Full Fees below for students not eligible for funding assistance:
- Enrolment fee: $300 including your first unit
- External study: $160 per unit (pay as you are ready to learn)
- Classroom study: Please contact ACCCO to enquire about timetables and availability
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL): $150 per unit
- Credit Transfer: FREE
- International Students: Click here