CHC22015 Certificate II in Community Services (with a focus on early childhood education and care)
ACECQA Approved: No
Centrelink/DHS Approved: Yes
Recognised Australia wide: Yes
The Certificate II in Community Services is an entry level qualification designed for people who are looking for skills for working with children in the community. It also provides a pathway for students who wish to complete a Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care at a later date.
All roles are subject to the employers conditions of employment, however common roles for this qualification include:
- Babysitting, nannying, au pair and other private arrangements for childcare
- Activity and/or care programs, including playgroups, play centres, resorts, gyms, shopping centres
- Coaching and tuition
- Other non-regulated childcare
Some additional support roles in ACECQA Approved Services (Please note: To be employed to work with children in regulated care environments, ACECQA requires a minimum of a Certificate III qualification)
- A sound ability to read and write English
- A current Working with Children Check
ACCCO offers a variety of delivery options that allows students to complete the qualification in a mode/s that suit individual learning requirements:
- Classroom - Full time or part time at various locations across Australia. Please contact ACCCO to enquire about timetables and availability.
- External - Full time or part time. External students must complete their qualification with an education focus.
- Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) - self paced
Help and Support
All students in this qualification are allocated an ACCCO Trainer who will guide them through the qualification. Trainers are all qualified in early childhood education and have at least 5 years' experience completing the job you are wanting to hold.
Trainers offer regular phone, email and face to face support in the workplace so you always have help when you need it!
This qualification attracts funding assistance for eligible persons!!!
Much of the funding provided by the Australian Government is directed at teaching and learning in higher education through a range of initiatives. Funding varies between State / Territories so please check below for eligibility requirements for what is available in your area.
Please click here or phone ACCCO on 1300 139 406 to check your eligibility for funding!
How to Apply
Once you have made the decision to apply for a qualification you will need to download an enrolment pack and complete a Literacy, Numeracy and Language Indicator (LLN).
You will need to attach the following documents with your application:
- Colour copy of Passport or Driver’s Licence. (Proof of ID+ residency) - If passport provided please provide a copy of a bank statement or utility bill issued within the last 6 months showing your current residential address.
- Colour copy of either: current green Medicare care; Birth Certificate; current Australian passport; current New Zealand passport; or Australian citizenship certificate. (Proof of citizenship)
- Colour copy of Certificates and Statement Results for any previously attained or partially completed qualifications completed in or recognised in Australia.
Before you submit your application it is important that you provide all the above required documents. Without these we are unable to process your application.
Please submit your application to email@example.com. Alternatively you can post or visit us.
For more information on how to apply please refer to our Enrolment Fact Sheet.
Contact us now and we'll get you started...
Phone: Free call 1300 139 406 or (07) 3257 1972
Fill out the web form here: http://www.accco.com.au/contact-us/
Download Enrolment PACK