Funding Options for Completing Courses
To assist with studying, the following options may be available to you.
Disclaimer: Each student should conduct their own checks to identify if they are elible for the programs listed below. ACCCO has provided the following information in good faith and does not accept responsibility for a student's acceptance or non-acceptance in any program, and/or for the validity of information provided about these programs.
- Pensioner Education Program - this is paid in respect of students in receipt of certain social security pensions and is intended to contribute towards educational costs incurred by parents of eligible students.
- Austudy - this program provides financial help if you are aged 25 years or more and studying or undertaking a Australian Apprenticeship full-time.
- Abstudy - If you are an Indigenous secondary or tertiary student or a full-time Australian Apprentice.
- JET Child care - Provides extra help with the cost of approved child care for eligible parents undertaking activities such as job search, work, study or rehabilitation as part of an activity agreement, to help them enter or re-enter the workforce
- Enterprise Based Productivity Places Program - available to those currently working in childcare wanting to gain and/or upgrade qualifications.
- The Australian Tax Office can help with reducing your costs through tax offsets and/or claiming the costs you incur to maintain a course of study at a school, college (such as TAFE), university or other recognised place of education.
New South Wales